- Lead a team of clinicians in the Early Psychosis Stream (EPPIC and PACE)
- Provide comprehensive mental health interventions
- Multidisciplinary role – Occupational Therapist Grade 3, Social Worker Grade 3, Psychologist Grade 3 and Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 4
- Part-Time (0.8 EFT), Ongoing
- Based in Sunshine, Visy Cares Hub and satellite services at Wyndham and Melton
Orygen Youth Health (OYH) is a program of NorthWestern Mental Health, we provide specialist mental health services for young people aged 15 to 24 and focuses on providing early intervention to young people with severe and complex mental illness
Multidisciplinary teams deliver individually tailored services that comprise assessment and crisis intervention, case management, medication, psychotherapy, family support, inpatient care, group work, vocational support, educational assistance, and intensive outreach
Your new role
- Be responsible for the provision of clinical leadership, management, training and supervision of a multidisciplinary team specialising in the provision of comprehensive case management and psychological therapy to clients attending the Early Psychosis Clinical Stream. These clients are young people who are at risk of developing a psychotic illness or experiencing a first episode of psychosis
- Function autonomously as well as work collaboratively with the Continuing Care Team Coordinator and the Clinical Stream Leader.
- Plan and develop services for these young people and their families which are consistent with best practice standards and evidence-based care, and are in line with the strategic direction and vision for OYH
- Support all Clinical Stream business including intake and client allocation, clinical review and quality assurance processes, supervision of staff, business and professional development meetings and contribute to the development and maintenance of community partnerships with key external stakeholders, developing effective interfaces within OYH clinical streams and OYH programs, as well as facilitating relevant research activities.
- Qualifications in a relevant area of practice
- Relevant experience in provision of mental health treatment, including with young people.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with young people & families.
- Ability to work independently and as an effective member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of the rationale and evidence for early intervention in mental illness.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Why work with us?
- Career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals.
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance working in a supportive and collaborative team
- Salary packaging, onsite car parking and, close to public transport.
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.