- Newly created Team Leader role to provide operations and clinical leadership to our YPARC team, based in Parkville
- This is an exciting time of growth in youth mental health – make a big impact!
- Full-time ongoing opportunity | Flexibility and work-life balance
- Orygen Specialist Programs (OSP), a program of Melbourne Health, provides specialist mental health services for young people aged 15 to 25 and focuses on providing early intervention to young people with severe and complex mental illness.
The Orygen Youth Prevention & Recovery Care (YPARC) is a pivotal sub-acute program supporting young people transition to the community from inpatient psychiatric care, or to intervene early and prevent further deterioration that may lead to inpatient psychiatric care. YPARC will also support young people with substance-use issues.
Your new role
We have some exciting new opportunities within a newly purpose-built YPARC centre. As an AOD Clinician, you will:
- Provide advanced discipline-specific values and leadership within the multidisciplinary team
- Provide specialist mental health interventions and leadership relating to sub-acute management of mental health symptoms, physical health monitoring whilst initiating treatment and therapeutic interventions
- Provide leadership regarding the provision of care including risk assessments and policies, assessment of risk in provision of care within the YPARC environment and risks to the young person, staff, self and organisation
- Demonstrate advanced skills in mental health, physical health and risk assessment, interventions, least restrictive practices and improved outcomes using evidence based best practice
- Provide support and professional development around areas of specialist knowledge to members of relevant clinical teams, via training, secondary consultation, supervision and other appropriate strategies
- Relevant registration and qualifications
- Substantive previous clinical experience in a mental health or acute hospital setting and/or related field and preferably with young people presenting with mental ill-health
- Previous experience in leadership of a multidisciplinary team, managing workforce rosters, budgets and recruitment
- Experience in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental illness
Benefits of working with Orygen Specialist Programs:
- Career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals.
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance working in a supportive and collaborative team
- Salary packaging, onsite car parking and, close to public transport.
RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
If you are looking for a challenging role and can demonstrate the above capabilities, connect with us.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.