Clinical Specialist – HYPE Stream
- Based primarily at Sunshine, Visy Cares Hub and servicing Satellite Service at Melton and Wyndham
- The position is a Part-Time 0.8 EFT / Ongoing
- New opportunity for a senior clinician, developed in response to service growth and innovation.
Your new team
- Orygen Youth Health (OYH) provides specialist mental health services for young people aged 15 to 24 and focuses on providing early intervention to young people with severe and complex mental illness
- OYH also works alongside Orygen, the National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health which operates four primary mental health care headspace services in the catchment area
- Multidisciplinary teams deliver individually tailored services that comprise assessment and crisis intervention, case management, medication, psychotherapy, family support, inpatient care, group work, vocational support, educational assistance, and intensive outreach
- The HYPE stream provides an evidence-based early intervention service for young people experiencing some or all of the problems that are referred to as borderline personality disorder (BPD) and other personality disorders and who may also present with other co-occurring mental health difficulties.
Your new role
We are searching for an experienced clinician who can provide specialist interventions and leadership to a clinical team and influence service development at local, national and international levels. This is a key leadership position within Orygen Specialist Programs (formally known as Orygen Youth Health).
- This is a new senior role, developed in response to service growth and innovation.
- In particular we require an Allied Health Grade 4 Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Clinical Psychologist or Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 5 with a working knowledge of evidence based practice for Young people experiencing or at risk of developing psychosis.
- Specialist knowledge is required in one or more clinical interventions such as psychological, family, domestic violence, Alcohol and Drug, Physical Health, Ultra-High Risk for psychosis, Neurodevelopmental and Eating Disorders interventions, etc.
- Be responsible for the provision of clinical leadership, management, training and supervision of a multidisciplinary team
- Extensive experience in clinical practice within the mental health field, including young people experiencing mental health disorders
- A proven ability to manage and lead a multidisciplinary team: manage staff resources and ensure high standards of practice through staff supervision, clinical review, training and professional development activities
- Substantial experience in the application of clinical practice in the mental health field and proven expertise with young people.
The RMH stands in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in work and care. We are proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.