- Exciting new opportunity to join Orygen Specialist Program’s Eating Disorders team
- Part Time ongoing multidisciplinary role | OT3, SW3, P3 and RPN4 | 8 days per fortnight
- Based primarily at Sunshine, Visy Cares Hub and servicing Satellite Service at Melton and Wyndham
Orygen Specialist Programs (OSP), a program of Melbourne Health, provides specialist mental health services for young people aged 15 to 25 and focuses on providing early intervention to young people with severe and complex mental illness.
Your new team
Eating Disorders is an emerging stream within the evolving Orygen service system. This program will partner with young people, families/carers and the Orygen workforce to provide evidence-based best practice eating disorder assessments and interventions.
The Eating Disorders stream will also develop key partnerships with external stakeholders representing Orygen within Eating Disorder networks and utilising these relationships to support collaborative care and to young people to engage with those agencies should they require their supports.
Your new role
- Provide high-quality family-inclusive integrated consultations, based on clinical experience working with young people with eating disorders and other serious mental illness and substance use
- Provide support, supervision, primary and secondary consultations to members of the multidisciplinary team, regarding evidence-based eating disorder practice principles and approaches
- Devise, implement and evaluate an appropriate treatment plan for each young person and their family and provide comprehensive clinical case management and psychological therapy to clients of the eating disorder stream.
- Participate in the development of a framework for eating disorders care across Orygen, engaging and collaborating with Orygen Primary, Specialist and Research programs
- Comprehensive experience in clinical practice within the mental health field, including young people experiencing mental health disorders
- Experience and expertise in providing acute mental health care management and/or eating disorder management
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate client-centred individual service plans, risk assessments and diagnostic formulations
- Knowledge of the rationale and evidence for early intervention in mental illness
Benefit of working with Orygen Specialist Programs:
- Join us during this incredibly exciting time of growth and change - career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance working in a supportive and collaborative team
- Salary packaging, onsite car parking and, close to public transport
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
If you are looking for a challenging role and can demonstrate the above capabilities, connect with us.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.
Reem Ramadan – 99669100
Richard Bell - 0449508803