Senior Dual Diagnosis Clinician
- Rare full-time positions for two experienced Senior Dual Diagnosis Clinicians
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse / Occupational Therapist / Social Workers / Psychologist
- Based in Pascoe Vale
The Substance Use and Mental Illness Treatment Team (SUMITT) are a caring, supportive and driven multi-disciplinary team who will welcome you and value your expertise and contributions as a Senior Dual Diagnosis Clinician. SUMITT is a specialist program of NorthWestern Mental Health (NWMH), providing high quality primary, secondary and tertiary consultations to people with mental illness and substance use or addiction to clinical mental health and youth homelessness service in north-western metropolitan Melbourne.
Your new role:
- Assessing and providing integrated interventions to people with mental illness and substance use or addiction
- Developing and working in partnership with Alcohol and Other Drug services in North-Western metropolitan Melbourne
- Providing secondary consultations on dual diagnosis related matters to clinical mental health, alcohol and other drug and youth homelessness staff
- Engaging and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Provide educational sessions to stakeholder staff
- A tertiary qualification in Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or Psychiatric Nursing
- 7 years’ experience in clinical mental health and/or alcohol and other drug services
- Capacity to undertake direct clinical duties including assessment, treatment planning, brief intervention and shared case management of dual diagnosis clients
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proven ability to initiate, problem solve, negotiate and communicate with staff, consumers, carers and other service providers
- Ability to foster and maintain relationships with external stakeholders
Benefit of working with NorthWestern Mental Health:
- Values based organisation offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement
- Sophisticated learning structure and we pride ourselves on supporting continuing professional development.
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; On-site staff gym, Staff Medical Service, Employee Assistance Program, Peer Support Program - run by our dedicated employees.
- Salary packaging options, monthly ADOs for full time staff (That’s an additional day off every month!), discounted onsite car parking, close to public transport.
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
If you are looking for a challenging role and can demonstrate the above capabilities, connect with us.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.