At Nextt, for more than 20 years we have been making a difference by supporting people with disability and/or mental health challenges to achieve their goals and to live an independent life. We employ over 1800 staff and services across NSW, VIC, QLD and SA, we provide quality, person-centred support to more than 1500 clients each year. Join our team and support our clients to get more out of life!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Full time Specialist Support Coordinator/Support Coordinator to join our team based position in Toronto, Newcastle. If you are a social work graduate looking to start your career in Support Coordination, please keep reading!!
As a Specialist Support Coordinator/Support Coordinator you will support participants in more complex environments to gain greater independence and capacity to engage in all areas of their lives.
You will do this by:
- Researching, coordinating and managing specialist supports across multiple providers, to suit participant's complex needs
- Connecting participants with their communities and encouraging involvement in both mainstream and community options
- Actively developing, implementing, monitoring and reviewing participant's NDIS plans and report on progress and outcomes
- Working collaboratively with external stakeholders and providers to ensure productive community and inter-agency relations
- Using a strength-based and person-centered approach to build skills capacity of participants, ensuring their goals & choices drive the process of engaging support
You will have:
- A Degree in Social Work, Occupation Therapy, Allied Health or Psychology
- Experience working with complex specialist support coordination participants
- AHPRA or AASW registration or eligibility
- Pre-existing knowledge, connections & networks of local social & community services available to people with NDIS funding (desirable)
- Clear NDIS Worker Screening Check, WWCC plus a valid driver's licence & the right to work in Australia
Are you the kind of person who:
- Has a sincere passion for social inclusion and supporting people gain access to all aspects of their local community.
- Understands the importance of maintaining professional boundaries & confidentiality, can balance dignity of risk with duty of care & is committed to workplace safety & self-care
- Builds rapport with people from all walks of life and is a great communicator
- Thinks outside the square for creative solutions to complex problems
- Can confidently manage priorities & the varied support needs of NDIS participants
- Has either professional or lived experience with people with autism spectrum disorder, cognitive disabilities, acquired brain injuries or complex mental health need
- Enjoys working in a supportive team environment with professionals
Working with us
- Nextt is a national company with employment opportunities across all our offices
- You will receive regular clinical supervision as part of your role which aligns with NDIS guidelines
- We value the lived experiences of our employees
- Workplace diversity is highly valued at Nextt and we recognize a diverse workforce is beneficial for our employees and those who utilize our services
Apply Now by sending an email to email@example.com If you share our passion and values and are Principled, Committed, Responsive and Creative then this may be the role you have been looking for.