· Part Time 0.8 FTE - Ongoing position
· Based in Ballarat
· Salary Range of $85,008- $88,861 (plus up to $15,900 per annum tax free salary packaging options)
· Comprehensive induction and ongoing training provided
Cafs is proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity organisation. We embrace it, value it, celebrate it and support it for the benefit of our employees, our volunteers, our service users and our community. We welcome applications from a range of people including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, People with disabilities, LGBTI+ people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
About the role
Following an internal promotion we are excited present the opportunity for a Housing & Homelessness Practitioner- Family Violence to join our team. Our Housing & Homelessness Practitioners play an integral role in providing direct support to clients who are experiencing or at risk of experiencing homelessness. This role will provide timely case management and support to Men who may be experiencing homelessness as a result of using violence. This role will provide information, support and advocacy services to their clients.
This role would be well suited to someone who is experienced in complex case management and although not essential previous experience working with men who use violence would be advantageous.
We are looking for a candidate who has passion for the work they do.
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
· Has a passion for helping others
· Holds extensive case management experience
· Thrives in a role where no two days are the same
· Is a team player and enjoys working within a close knit team
· Lives by the Cafs values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Kindness and Innovation
· Holds a Bachelor Qualification in Social Work or equivalent
Why work at Cafs?
· Comprehensive on the job training
· Competitive above award benefits and leave options
· Flexible working arrangements
· Inclusive working environments
· Vibrant working spaces
· Internal advancement opportunities
For a confidential discussion please call Nikita Guest Team Leader Housing and Homelessness on (03) 5337 3333
How to apply
Apply through Cafs online portal https://www.cafs.org.au/available-positions Applications including resume and cover letter addressing your suitability for the position. The cover letter should specify which position you are applying for and a response to each of the following questions:
· How do your values align to Cafs Values?
· What is your experience / knowledge in the implementation of current theoretical and practice approaches to address family violence?
· What will you bring to the role?
Please note applicants are not required to address the Key Selection Criteria in their application.
Applications are now open! We will be reviewing applications as they are received.
Please note all applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and will be subject to a satisfactory Police Check outcome and an employment Working with Children Check.