Advanced Assessment and Referral Practitioner, Magistrates’ Court of Victoria
· VPS 4 role based in Corrections Victoria Correctional Centres and office of Court Support Services
· Extensive experience in the assessment of and support planning for clients with complex needs.
· Demonstrated capacity to provide a culturally responsive and inclusive service to clients.
· Extensive knowledge of treatment and support options for clients with complex needs
· Training and development opportunities available
The Magistrates’ Court of Victoria (MCV) is a jurisdiction within the Court Services Victoria statutory authority and has a long history of providing justice for the people of Victoria in metropolitan and regional courts across the state.
About the role
This role provides practice leadership and mentoring to a team of Assessment and Referral Practitioners, in relation to complex client presentations and program processes. It also undertakes assessments and brief, post-release case planning to prisoners on remand who present with a range of complex needs.
This role undertakes assessments and brief, post-release case planning to people on remand who present with a range of complex needs to support their transition back into the community.
· Tertiary qualification (minimum Diploma level highly desirable) related to case management practice with forensic clients; such as social work, psychology, welfare, drug and alcohol or another related field and/or relevant experience.
· Provide assessment and brief, post-release case planning to people on remand with multiple risks and needs.
· Identify client risks and develop risk management and/or harm minimisation strategies in relation to these risks.
· Coordinate referrals to a range of treatments and supports for clients, including housing, alcohol/drug treatment, family violence interventions and mental health treatment.
· Skilfully work with diversity in a way that displays respect and cultural sensitivity and ensuring that services are delivered in a way that is family/person-centred, and responsive to and inclusive of the diverse needs and backgrounds of all clients.
· Prepare reports on client progress and effectively speak to your work in a court setting as required.
For further information on this position and to submit your application, please visit careers.vic.gov.au by 18/10/2021.