A GRADUATE PROGRAM LIKE NO OTHER - VIC / TAS / WA / QLD
About the program
Are you looking for a rewarding graduate role, where you’ll work alongside passionate people and make a real difference to young Australians? Where you’ll hit the ground running, and continue developing your skills and career in youth mental health with accredited training, while you work? Find your place at headspace.
headspace is a place like no other, full of passionate people making a real difference to young lives across Australia. If you’re looking to develop a career in youth mental health, gain unique experience in a flexible collaborative role with accredited training and hit the ground running – we’ve a place for you.
This exciting graduate program is designed to provide social work, occupational therapy and psychology graduates access to a two-year comprehensive youth mental health training and development program.
Situated within a clinical team, you will play a pivotal role in a headspace service. You will contribute to developing and providing high quality, intake/assessment and ongoing psychological services to young people, and their families/carers.
Who we’re looking for?
· Approved tertiary qualifications in a Psychology, Social Work, or Occupational Therapy
· Either full registration with AHPRA or eligibility for full registration with AASW
· Passion, energy, and determination to make a difference to health outcomes for young people
· Demonstrated reflective practice skills and passion for professional growth
· Demonstrated understanding and ability to determine and plan for a young person’s recovery and support needs, employing a shared decision-making approach
· Demonstrated ability to make decisions, problem solve, and risk manage complex situations involving multiple stakeholders
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to liaise and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
· Commitment to supporting clinical research within the service
· Willingness to work in a regional, rural, or remote headspace service for a 12-month rotation
· Capacity to travel to Melbourne for training as required
What’s on offer
· A two-year comprehensive youth mental health training and development program
· A full-time position with exceptional professional development opportunities
· Competitive annual salary, plus super, plus salary packaging
· A 40-day professional development program delivered by headspace National
· Regular facilitated Communities of Practice and multidisciplinary study groups
· Clinical supervision
· A 12-month month rotation to another headspace service in the network in your second year
How to apply
· Go to headspace.org.au/graduates/
· Closing date 7 November
If you’re looking for a graduate position where you’ll gain unique experience, where ideas are welcomed and listened to, all while working as part of Australia’s leading youth mental health team – you’ll find your place at headspace.
To be eligible for this position you must have the right to live and work in Australia. A Working with Children Check (or State/Territory equivalent) and a Police Check are required for this position.
headspace is committed to being a child safe and child friendly organisation that recognises, respects, and promotes the rights of children, young and vulnerable people.
The headspace Reconciliation Action Plan was launched in July 2019 and was developed through a co-design process with staff across the organisation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this role and all current vacancies.