- Full Time ongoing opportunity within the Office for Research (OfR)
- Deploy your legal, scientific and business skills within a biomedical research environment
- Cultivate productive and collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Your new team
- The OfR provides management of, and assistance with, all aspects of research at the Royal Melbourne Hospital (RMH), including managing research contracts and agreements, research ethics and governance, research funding and grant administration, financial accountability, performance reporting, advocacy, mentoring and advice
- We are dedicated to improving patient care; treatments, therapies and the processes that allow us to make the RMH a great place to receive care and ultimately improve the quality of life of our patients and wider Victorian community
- You will help us achieve our research strategic goals, working closely with our clinician researchers and professional colleagues, industry partners, funding and government agencies
- In return, you will be supported to grow your effective contract and intellectual property negation skills complex field of health research
Your new role
- Support the Director Research Governance and Ethics, General Counsel and Business Development
- Encourage effective collaborative relationships with internal and externa stakeholders RMH customers
- With support from Legal Services provide practical, sound, commercial legal advice to RMH on IP matters, commercialisation of research, collaboration and funding arrangements (for services and research), licensing (intellectual property) and policy development
- Carry out review and negotiation of contracts with public and private sector (including international) organisations relating to research, intellectual property and technologies (including licence, research collaboration, contract research, sponsored research, funding, service, and material transfer agreements)
- Ensure activities related to the organisation’s functions comply with legal, governance and ethical standards
- A good working knowledge and track record in contract law and research contracting
- You are a good team player, able to work collaboratively within, multidisciplinary teams, both within and external to the organisation
- You take the initiative and work independently and professionally, and manage multiple complex matters simultaneously and with sensitivity to time requirements.
- Ability to apply initiative, judgment and problem solving skills, particularly to issues in commercial contracting
Benefits of working with the RMH
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; On-site staff gym, Staff Medical Service, Employee Assistance Program, Peer Support Program - run by our dedicated employees.
- Career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals.
- A Values based organisation offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement, including training and research opportunities, and access to mentorship and leadership programs.
- Salary packaging options, monthly ADOs (That’s an additional day off every month!), onsite car parking, close to public transport
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.