- Full Time Fixed Term position working 80 hours per fortnight
- Work closely with leading clinician researchers to support and promote governance and ethics in a biomedical research environment
- Salary packaging options and monthly ADOs, that’s an extra day off every month!
Your new team
- The Office for Research provides management of, and assistance with, all aspects of research at the Royal Melbourne Hospital (RMH), including research ethics and governance, research funding and grant administration, financial accountability, performance reporting, management of research contracts, advocacy, mentoring and advice
- We are dedicated to improving patient care; treatments, therapies and the processes that allow us to make the RMH a great place to receive care and ultimately improve the quality of life of our patients and wider Victorian community
- You will help us achieve our research strategic goals, working closely with our clinician researchers and professional colleagues to support research that leads advances in health and medical science that are responsive to changing community needs and technological advances
- In return, you will be supported to grow your research governance, ethics and advocacy skills in the complex field of health research
Your new role
- Review research submissions and documentation with an eye for detail from both an ethics and governance perspective including governance, ethics and quality assurance applications, amendments, safety reports, annual progress reports and other correspondence
- Provide support to committees managed by the Office for Research as required, by preparation of agendas, minutes, correspondence etc.
- Support Office for Research processes including maintenance procedural documentation including guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOPs) and activities relating to accreditation preparedness including implementation of requirements for the National Clinical Trials Governance Framework
- A good working knowledge and track record review of research governance and ethics projects
- You are a good team player, able to work collaboratively within, multidisciplinary teams, both within and external to the organisation
- You take the initiative and work independently and professionally, and manage multiple complex matters simultaneously and with sensitivity to time requirements
- Ability to apply initiative, judgment and problem solving skills, particularly to issues in commercial contracting
Benefits of working with the RMH
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; On-site staff gym, Staff Medical Service, Employee Assistance Program, Peer Support Program - run by our dedicated employees.
- Career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals.
- A Values based organisation offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement, including training and research opportunities, and access to mentorship and leadership programs.
- Salary packaging options, monthly ADOs (That’s an additional day off every month!), onsite car parking, close to public transport
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.