If you are passionate about making a difference in young people's lives and enjoy working with a multidisciplinary team, the Health Service at the University of Melbourne requires Accredited Mental Health Social Workers to join their mental health team.
Our team consists of General Practitioners, Consultant Psychiatrists, a Mental Health Nurse and Clinical Psychologists.
The University provides affordable access to the health services including mental health treatment for both domestic and international students.
Essential qualifications, experience, skills and abilities
· A good understanding about issues university students face
· Commitment to using evidence-based treatments, particularly in working with patients with complex needs
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and to be highly organised, self-motivated and driven
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· A strong commitment to ongoing professional development
· Ability to work with a varied client base including international students
· Friendly, warm personality with ability to build strong rapport with clients
· Current police and working with children check
You will be provided with:
· A strong stream of referrals within the Health Service
· Administrative support
· Collegial support
· Relaxed and welcoming work place with great facilities and amenities
Accredited Mental Health Social workers are engaged as contractors to the Univeristy under which they retain 80% of their receipts which are bulk-billed
To express interest in this role please send copy letter and CV to: