- Professional Membership Association: National Voice for Social Justice
- Nationally networked service delivery
- Full time [fixed term 2 years]
The Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) is the professional representative body of social workers in Australia, with more than 14,000 members. AASW sets the benchmarks for professional education and practice in social work and have a strong voice on matters of social justice, human rights and issues that impact upon the quality of life of all Australians.
Reporting to the Manager, National Membership Engagement and working as a part of a collaborative team, the Team Leader Member Engagement & Retention is responsible for executing strategies that will target membership growth and retention of cohorts including lapsed members, potential new members and existing members.
Your key responsibilities will include [not limited to] the following:
- Lead, motivate and coach team members
- Identify and implement strategies to support collaboration, knowledge and information sharing
- Be the primary point of contact and accountability for the operational and service delivery requirements (including budget preparation and management) of the business unit
- Provide a primary point of contact for all member enquiries via allocated call centre time periods
- Understanding and striving to meet or exceed call centre metrics while providing excellent and consistent customer service
- Provide a professional and courteous customer service to all enquiries and communications in line with policies and agreed timeframes
- Participate in outbound and inbound member activities and campaigns
- Ensure and maintain integrity and accuracy of the membership database
- Taking part in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of association and position
- Participate in the membership on-boarding process
- Participate in the development and drive the implementation of strategies targeting new member sales
- Participate in the development and drive the implementation of strategies targeting member retention
Please refer to the position description for a full list of duties and responsibilities.
Key selection criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in a customer service environment with demonstrated KPI’s
- Previous team management / leadership
- Business development and/or sales background experience including customer retention and recruitment
- Highly developed communication skills [active listening, verbal and written]
- Professional/confident phone voice
- Proficiency with computers, especially with CRM and LMS systems and processes, and strong typing skills
- Ability to manage challenging/ difficult conversations
- Strong time management skills
- Adaptability and accountability
- Well-developed project management, administrative, data analytical and organisational skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Enthusiastic with a positive can-do attitude
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Commitment to innovation and continuous quality improvement
The AASW is committed to equal opportunities in employment and embraces diversity and inclusion in its workforce. We encourage applications from culturally and ethnically diverse communities, particularly those underrepresented in the social work profession including the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a disability.
To be considered for this role, your application must include your résumé and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria listed above.
Apply now Applications close 29 September 2021.