Who we are
At EACH, our vision is for a healthy and inclusive community.
Founded on the vision that everyone is entitled to good health, we’re one of the nation’s leading health and community services providers, offering a broad range of services for over 40 years. Our services include Community Health, Mental Health, NDIS, Counselling, Support for Older Australians and Family Services.<
Our Clinical Psychological Solutions (CPS) team, located in the beautiful Manning Valley, is a known, trusted, and valued business in the Taree, NSW area. Practitioners provide expertise over a wide range of specialty areas and have been serving the Manning Community for over 18 years.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an experienced Mental Health Social Worker wit
h excellent communication skills to provide therapeutic interventions to adults and families through individual and group work on a full-time or part-time basis. As a member of our CPS practice based at Taree, NSW, you'll join a skilled team committed to making a positive impact on the lives of members of our community.
What you’ll be doing
This varied role will see you supporting clients by:
- Providing short to medium term counselling for adults with a range of issues including depression, anxiety, grief, stress, parenting, family violence, autism, and behavioural/emotional issues,
- Building and maintaining collaborative relationships with referring doctors and specialists,
- Taking part in regular clinical case review meetings and multi-disciplinary team meetings to ensure appropriate clinical service pathway and service delivery,
- Undertaking risk assessment of clients and safety planning with mindfulness to family violence, mental health issues and drug and alcohol misuse,
- Providing mental health assessment reports (e.g. diagnostic reports, treatment reports),
- Using evidence to inform your clinical practice, and
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of effective therapeutic interventions, supported by EACH’s extensive opportunities for professional development.
A bit about y
To thrive in this role, you will:
- Have experience in the provision of mental health care, including (including the completion of mental health assessments, crisis intervention, and short-term treatment interventions to people experiencing mental health difficulties and/or substance use problems),
- Share EACH's values and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; modeling inclusive behaviours and contributing to a culture of belonging,
- Have knowledge and understanding of evidence-based interventions and clinical practice,
- Be experienced and committed to excellence in the practical application of CBT, ACT, DBT, Schema Therapy, or IPT, and
- Enjoy collaborating with other professionals and want to make a real difference in the lives of people living in the Mid Coast region.
- Hold an Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) accredited Bachelor Degree o
r entry-level Masters Degree of Social Work that provides eligibility for membership of the AASW, and
- Be accredited as a Mental Health Social Worker (or willing to complete accreditation within 3 months of commencing).
Who you’ll be working with
Our team at CPS Taree has a shared purpose and commitment to making support available to those who need it. Our team is made up of Clinical Psychologists/Psychologists specialising in:children, adolescents, families, and adults,
- mental health presentations,
- adjustment-related disorders,
- child and family-related problems,
- trauma-related disorders,
- sex therapy, and
- EAP and corporate support.
What we offer
EACH is committed to developing our team. At EACH you’ll be supported to be your best. We provide:
- Work arrangements that flex to you
- Competitive salary ba
sed on qualifications and experience
- Opportunities for internal career progression from Melbourne to Ipswich
- Generous Not-for-Profit Salary Packaging
- Professional support and supervision
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Support through a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities to continuously grow and develop.
We’d like to learn more about you and what you can bring to this role, our team, and our community. Please attach a cover letter with your resume and apply online via our Careers Centre.
If you’d like more information about the position, please contact Jenny Sinclair on 0457 517 290 or at jsinclair @ each.com.au.
Applications close on 17 September 2021.