- Professional Membership Association: National Voice for Social Justice
- Key leadership role
- Full time ongoing
The Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) is the professional representative body of social workers in Australia, with more than 14,000 members. AASW sets the benchmarks for professional education and practice in social work and have a strong voice on matters of social justice, human rights and issues that impact upon the quality of life of all Australians.
The Brand Strategy & Communications Manager has strategic and operational responsibility for the development and implementation of the AASW's marketing and communications strategy to ensure the Association's profile and reputation are enhanced, promoted and protected in line with the Associations strategic priorities. This strategically focused role is responsible for leading the development and delivery of AASW's Branding, Marketing, Publications and Communications functions, ensuring the all communications through the various channels are engaging and effective with measurable returns.
Your key responsibilities will include the following:
- managing the AASW brand across all forms of marketing and communication;
- implementing the Marketing and Communication Strategy;
- strategizing and implementing compelling campaigns leveraging traditional and digital marketing/automation;
- overseeing the implementation and evaluation of the AASW brand;
- leading the production of content for use across AASW website, eDMs, socials, media, including the development, execution and evaluation of AASW campaigns;
- overseeing the production and distribution of AASW branded marketing and communications collateral;
- providing strategic advice and recommendations to the AASW leadership team;
- providing effective leadership to drive the performance and outputs of the team including day to day management of the Marketing, Communications and Publications teams;
- optimizing the commercial return of publications, events and activities;
- managing and reporting against relevant budgets;
- working across the Association to identify and execute customer/member focused opportunities;
- supporting the implementation of the AASW Strategic Plan in conjunction with the CEO and Senior Managers, and leading other strategic initiatives/projects identified by the CEO; and
- crisis and issues management, in conjunction with the CEO.
Please refer to the position description for a full list of duties and responsibilities
Key selection criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or Media or another relevant field
- 6+ years Marketing and Communications leadership experience
- Demonstrated brand management experience
- Demonstrated strategic brand communications capability
- Demonstrated brand-led publication relations
- Demonstrated ability to develop and executive marketing, communications and social media plans and deliver results
- Demonstrated experience of digital marketing and communications technologies
- Understanding of search engine optimisation principles and proven digital media and marketing automation skills
- Experienced people manager and leader with demonstrated capabilities of managing for effective performance outcomes including team capability and capacity building and managing employee engagement
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to prioritise tasks, monitor budgets, work autonomously and as part of a team
- Outstanding writing and editing skills and demonstrated experience in implementing effective communications and content plans
- Demonstrated skills in crafting persuasive and engaging content for a variety of audiences and channels
- Excellent knowledge of media and materials production, and communication and amplification techniques, including experience in producing email marketing campaigns
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, MS TEAMS, Google Analytics, Salesforce, Pardot, Canva, Hootsuite
- Business analytical skills, managing budgets and general business acumen
The AASW is committed to equal opportunities in employment and embraces diversity and inclusion in its workforce. We encourage applications from culturally and ethnically diverse communities, particularly those underrepresented in the social work profession including the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a disability.
To be considered for this role, your application must include your CV and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria listed above.
Previous applicants need not apply.
For more information please email Cindy Smith, CEO email@example.com
Applications close 5pm 12 August 2021.