Community Mental Health Key Clinician - Alcohol and Other Drugs
Full Time Permanent
- Join Victoria’s largest and leading mental health organisation NorthWestern Mental Health
- A position for Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Registered Psychiatric Nurses and Psychologists
- Flexible working arrangements negotiable, secondments will be considered
- Opportunity to gain experience in clinical mental health work
The Royal Melbourne Hospital
As one of the largest health services in Victoria, and a team of more than 10,000 strong, we provide a comprehensive range of specialist medical, surgical, and mental health services; as well as rehabilitation, aged care, outpatient and community programs. We are a designated state-wide provider for services including trauma, and we lead centres of excellence for tertiary services in several key specialties including neurosciences, nephrology, oncology, cardiology and virtual health.
Your new team
- The Inner West Area Mental Health Service offers a vibrant, dynamic, collaborative and supportive work environment
- We are a passionate group of people who love to work hard offering evidenced based services
- We specialise in providing consumers and carers with serious mental illness assessment, diagnosis and appropriate evidenced based treatment
- We are located in the midst of the lovely Puckle Street precinct surrounded by cafes, parks and public transport (trams, trains and buses)
- You will help us achieve the highest standards of care and recovery for our consumers
- In return, you will be supported to undertake continuous professional development and enjoy the work that you do
- We have good processes and supports in place to help you organise your day and do it well
Your success in this role, will be in your ability to
- Develop thoughtful, evidence based recovery plans with consumers and their supports
- Actively engage in discipline specific and multidisciplinary team activities and meetings
- Manage a reasonable caseload that allows you to do therapeutic work
- Undertake alcohol and other drug screening, assessment, treatment planning, brief interventions with clients who have co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders
- Apply sound treatment skills for people with severe and enduring mental health conditions, and have willingness and capacity to commit to development of EB knowledge and practice
- You must have a qualification as a Social Worker, Registered Psychiatric Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Clinical Psychologist with minimum of 3 years’ experience in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of severe mental illness and psychiatric disability and / or experience in the assessment and provision of treatment for consumer presenting with dual diagnosis of severe and enduring mental illness and substance use disorders.
- You are committed to developing your practice as a professional in clinical mental health
- You are able to contribute and function effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and enjoy working autonomously
- You are confident in the provision of support and treatment for people experiencing drug and alcohol related issues and their families.
- Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computer software use and information technology on the Microsoft Windows platform and ability to learn new programs and navigate databases
- Hold a current Victorian Driver’s Licence, and ongoing ability to use this form of transport
Our Commitment to you
Here at The RMH we strive for excellence with a strong purpose that defines the work we do for our community – Advancing health for everyone, every day. This is the Melbourne Way.
We believe our success comes from our people. We’re committed to the RMH being a great place to work and a great place to receive care. We have made a long-term commitment to strengthen our organisational culture through leadership, education and empowering our staff to Speak Up for themselves and each other.
This is a role where your passion and expertise can come together to create a truly defining career opportunity. It is a unique opportunity to help us transform the future of the RMH and ultimately ensure we continue to deliver world class healthcare.
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
Trevor Carlisle - 93773400
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.