The Eating Disorder Social Worker/Psychologist/Counsellor (two positions available) provides therapeutic services to people with a range of eating disorders who have either Medicare referrals or NDIS Packages.
Eating Disorder experience not essential but is preferred. Trauma-informed practice is highly regarded.
Training and non-registrar supervision can be provided.
This position operates within a collaborative team environment that is responsive to the needs of service users and is committed to continuous improvement and best practice principles. The practitioner is also required to work within the Vision and Mission of Eating Disorders Queensland (EDQ) and contribute to organisational objectives.
Eating Disorders Queensland is a community-based organisation providing therapeutic groups, counselling and peer mentoring, as well as information and referral services, to people with eating disorders and their carers.
The contractor role sits within the Allied Health Team, supervised by EDQ Senior Practitioner and reporting to EDQ Chief Executive Officer.
- A tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy or Clinical, Psychology, with training and/or experience in the eating disorders field being highly valued, but not essential.
- Hold a Medicare Provider number and/or NDIS eligibility
- Knowledge and understanding of Medicare and NDIS system and processes.
- Strongly aligned with EDQ’s feminist framework which values relationship, openness, transparency and diversity, anti-oppression, and a strong social justice perspective.
- Have passion about eradicating weight stigma and diet culture.
- Promote the voices of lived experience through consultation
- Demonstrated experience in counselling with a comprehensive understanding of the impact of eating disorders in clinical work with adults, young people, and families as well as co-occurring presentations, such as mental health and drug and alcohol concerns.
- Demonstrated experience working with complex clients
- A solid understanding of evidence based psychological interventions e.g. Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Expressive Therapies and/or Dialectic Behaviour Therapy and Specialist Supportive Clinical Management of Eating Disorders (SSCM) is also required.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, and excellent engagement skills, especially in engaging people with eating disorders.
- Autonomous worker guided by EDQ policy and procedures and professional registration body’s guidelines
The applicant must possess:
- the Queensland Police National Police Records Check;
- the Queensland Working with Children Check (renewed every 5 years)
- the Queensland ‘Yellow Card’ Application for criminal history screening
Applications should include a resume, one-page cover letter, and statement addressing the selection criteria. Send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 23/03/2021.
Please be aware that any interviews will be scheduled as we receive applications.