Mental Health Clinician, Brief Intervention
- Occupational Therapist Grade 2, Social Worker Grade 2, Psychologist Grade 2 or Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 3
- Fixed Term Part Time (0.9EFT)- 72hr/fn until Feb 2022
- Mon- Fri 0830-1700
- Based in Northern Areas Mental Health Service’s Noogal Clinic, Mill Park
The Royal Melbourne Hospital
As one of the largest health services in Victoria, and a team of more than 10,000 strong, we provide a comprehensive range of specialist medical, surgical, and mental health services; as well as rehabilitation, aged care, outpatient and community programs. We are a designated state-wide provider for services including trauma, and we lead centres of excellence for tertiary services in several key specialties including neurosciences, nephrology, oncology, cardiology and virtual health.
Surrounded by a Parkville Precinct of brilliant thinkers, we collaborate to set new benchmarks in health excellence – benchmarks that impact across the globe. While the work we do takes us in inspiring new directions; caring for each other, our patients and consumers is as essential to who we are, as any scientific breakthrough we make. We put people first - leading with kindness and working together, we excel as one Royal Melbourne Hospital.
Your new team
- The Northern Area Mental Health Service, (NAMHS), believes in the effective delivery of high quality psychiatric services. We are an established team that is connected, collaborative and enthusiastic to be at the forefront of progressive and remarkable initiatives
- New infrastructure across the Northern suburbs is driving fresh developments and revolutionary program delivery that, in turn, is generating opportunities for career advancement and specialist skill growth
- NAMHS delivers a range of acute and community psychiatric services to people residing in the local government areas of Darebin and Whittlesea. We deliver specialist clinical programs across Adult Community Services, Adult Acute Inpatient Service, EMH (including PACER) and Consultation and Liaison Psychiatry Service at the Northern Hospital, Community Care Unit, and Prevention and Recovery Care Service (PARC)
- In a dynamic space that is ever changing, we pride ourselves on delivering a high level of quality care whilst ensuring we encourage and support development of each other and the service
Your success in this role, will be in your ability to
- Undertake comprehensive, detailed, non- urgent New Patient Assessments for consumers presenting to the service with complex mental health issues and to plan treatment recommendations for primary health care providers to implement and deliver.
- provide short term, recovery focused, evidence based, targeted interventions to individuals and their families over a period of up to 3 months.
- Work collaboratively with consumers, families, carers and other stakeholders including GP’s, NDIS providers, AOD services, psychosocial service providers, Private Psychiatrists and Psychologists.
- Work both autonomously and collaboratively within the Brief Intervention role and the broader Multidisciplinary team at Noogal Clinic
- Provide discipline specific evidence based practice and appropriate treatment options as required
- formal Qualifications and required Registrations
- Comply with all legal requirements pertaining to the position including responsibility for maintaining current registration as required by your professional organisation or other applicable Acts
- Extensive experience in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of severe mental illness and psychiatric disability
- Capacity to undertake alcohol and other drug screening, assessment, treatment planning, brief interventions with consumers who have co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with consumers, families/carers, colleagues and other service providers
- Ability to work with consumers, family and carers from a range of cultural backgrounds, and to provide gender sensitive services
Our Commitment to you
Here at The RMH we strive for excellence with a strong purpose that defines the work we do for our community – Advancing health for everyone, every day. This is the Melbourne Way.
We believe our success comes from our people. We’re committed to the RMH being a great place to work and a great place to receive care. We have made a long-term commitment to strengthen our organisational culture through leadership, education and empowering our staff to Speak Up for themselves and each other.
This is a role where your passion and expertise can come together to create a truly defining career opportunity. It is a unique opportunity to help us transform the future of the RMH and ultimately ensure we continue to deliver world class healthcare.
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
Job Contact: Patrick Roe 84683800 or Michael Wilson 84683800
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.