Ad reference 54909 – Senior Clinician – Early Psychosis Stream
- We are looking for an Occupational Therapist Grade 3, Social Worker Grade 3, Psychologist Grade 3 or Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 4
- Ongoing Part Time Position (0.8)
- Based in Sunshine, Visy Cares Hub and satellite services at Wyndham and Melton
Life with us:
- Orygen Youth Health (OYH), a program of NorthWestern Mental Health, provides specialist mental health services for young people aged 15 to 24 and focuses on providing early intervention to young people with severe and complex mental illness
- OYH also works alongside Orygen, the National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health which operates four primary mental health care headspace services in the catchment area
- Multidisciplinary teams deliver individually tailored services that comprise assessment and crisis intervention, case management, medication, psychotherapy, family support, inpatient care, group work, vocational support, educational assistance, and intensive outreach
- Specialist clinical streams offer targeted interventions for psychotic disorders (including young people at ‘ultra-high risk’ of psychosis), mood disorders, and personality disorders; and also manage the co-morbid substance use disorders, eating disorders, and neurodevelopment disorders. A forensic stream is under development
- Streams are supported by the Psychosocial Recovery program and the Community Development program. Additional information is available at www.oyh.org.au.
A Job To Be Proud Of:
- The Senior Clinician in the Early Psychosis Stream is a key leadership position within Orygen Youth Health. The incumbent is responsible for the provision of clinical leadership, management, training and supervision of a multidisciplinary team specialising in the provision of comprehensive case management and psychological therapy to clients attending this Clinical Stream
- These clients are young people who are at risk of developing a psychotic illness or experiencing a first episode of psychosis and may also present with a range of co-morbid mental health issues
- The Senior Clinician is expected to function autonomously as well as work collaboratively with the Continuing Care Team Coordinator and the Clinical Stream Leader, to plan and develop services for these young people and their families which are consistent with best practice standards and evidence-based care, and are in line with the strategic direction and vision for OYH
- This complex role will support all Clinical Stream business including intake and client allocation, clinical review and quality assurance processes, supervision of staff, business and professional development meetings and contribute to the development and maintenance of community partnerships with key external stakeholders, developing effective interfaces within OYH clinical streams and OYH programs, as well as facilitating relevant research activities. The incumbent may also have responsibility for one or more key portfolios such as, supporting the Clinical Stream Leader, satellite clinic coordination, specialist family interventions and or clinical review meeting chairperson
- The Senior Clinician is expected to have significant expertise in the provision of mental health services to young people with severe mental health issues and is expected to provide psychological treatment and case management to a caseload of clients
- Qualifications in a relevant area of practice
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in provision of mental health treatment, including with young people
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with young people & families
- Ability to work independently and as an effective member of a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge of the rationale and evidence for early intervention in mental illness.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Our Commitment to You:
- Values based organisation offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement, including training and research opportunities, and access to mentorship and leadership programs.
- Orygen Youth Health boasts a sophisticated learning structure and we pride ourselves on supporting continuing professional development.
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; On-site staff gym (some sites), Staff Medical Service, Employee Assistance Program, Peer Support Program - run by our dedicated employees.
- Salary packaging options, monthly ADOs for full time staff (That’s an additional day off every month!), onsite car parking, close to public transport.
Connect With Us:
Get to know us at www.nwmh.org.au or click ‘Apply Now’.
The Royal Melbourne Hospital is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.
Dylan Alexander on 9927 6200 or Richard Bell on 0449 508 803