Open and Close date: 14/09/2020 – 25/09/2020
Social Work Grade 2 - The Eating Disorders Unit RMH
- Social Worker Grade 2
- Part time (48hrs/fortnight) ongoing position
- Delivery of Evidence-Based interventions in a supportive environment
- On site and off site professional development supported
Life with us
We are a caring, cohesive and dynamic multi-disciplinary team which values the specific contributions of social workers in their work with our consumers and their families, with challenging and complex mental health presentations. You will be delivering evidence-based interventions, family work, champion our social work lead interventions and inpatient activities. As part of the Social work group at IWAMHS, you’ll participate in regular individual supervision to facilitate your development as a to support your clinical work. This is an opportunity to work in a highly supportive and progressive team, delivering evidence based interventions in an acute setting.
- You have a passion for caring and making a genuine difference in the lives of public mental health consumers, ideally with experience or an interest in the field of Eating Disorders
- You enjoy being part of a dynamic team yet are confident to work autonomously
- You are committed to continued learning and broadening of your skills as much as you support the development and growth of your peers and students.
- You communicate clearly and effectively
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a social worker in clinical mental health
- Knowledge of effective evidence-based interventions appropriate to eating disorders, personality disorder, relapse prevention and substance abuse
- A sound knowledge of family work, and specific social work interventions
- Individual skills including initiative, clear and kind communication skills and the capacity and willingness to further develop these
- A current Victorian Driver’s Licence, and ongoing ability to use this form of transport
Our Commitment to You:
- NWMH boasts a sophisticated learning structure and we pride ourselves on supporting continuing professional development
- We are a values based organisation. A career with us is a rewarding experience, offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement
- Attractive salary and working conditions including annual and CPD leave, salary packaging
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; staff health service, peer support program and EAP
Connect with us:
Contact: Kate McHardy Nurse Unit Manager (9342 4033), Christine Chiappini, Chief Social Worker (9377 3400). Pre application contact welcome, site visits not available at this time.
Get to know us at www.nwmh.org.au or click ‘Apply Now’.
Melbourne Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.