Established in 1992, Hear and Say is a world-leading expert in hearing, listening and spoken language therapy.
The core focus for our team of specialists is to work with families and other medical professionals to teach children with hearing loss to hear, listen and speak, through advanced audiology services, hearing technology and specialised Listening and Spoken Language Therapy using the Auditory-Verbal approach. We also use this expertise to support thousands of children and adults of all ages to reach their full potential – from Hear to Learn, our School Hearing Screening Program, through to supporting adults to access appropriate hearing technology and beyond.
The purpose of this position is to provide support to children and their families in our Early Intervention program, with specific support to our Social Skills Programs for school aged students, Parent Education and M & A Program.
- Pre and post hearing implant surgery support
- Assess and follow up on any issues relating to the hearing loss diagnosis or implant surgery such as unresolved grief and loss by parents or self-esteem and bullying issues in children that might occur longer term.
- Clinical data collection, evaluation, compiling any other specific reporting requirements
- Provide ongoing support and guidance on a child’s wellbeing in the management of Microtia and Atresia or other complex cases.
- Provide Professional development to the Clinical Team as deemed appropriate in consultation with Clinical Director and Clinical Managers
- Presentations and consultation to the Microtia and Atresia, Telepractice Social Skills and Habilitation programs as well as participate in any education required for other areas of clinical delivery as requested.
- Attend committee or other meetings as well as collaborate regularly with other allied professionals as required.
- Contribute to any relevant clinical governance matters, quality improvement projects, research programs, and health promotion as requested.
- Consult and liaise with external community agencies/groups to develop partnerships for health promotion and other service delivery activities.
If you share our vision and would like to be part of the Hear and Say team, please submit your resume and covering letter to email@example.com asap.
Please refer to the position description or call 07 3850 2111 for further details.