Nextt is a dynamic, national organisation that provides community based supports to NDIS participants across Australia. We have been offering disability supports since NDIS began operating and we have grown and gathered expertise in this time, earning a reputation for providing exceptional service in the field of autism, cognitive disabilities and mental health.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Full time qualified and experienced Specialist Support Coordinator to join our team based position in Camberwell, Melbourne.
As a Specialist Support Coordinator you will support participants in more complex environments to gain greater independence and capacity to engage in all areas of their lives.
You will do this by:
- Researching, coordinating and managing specialist supports across multiple providers, to suit participant's complex needs
- Connecting participants with their communities and encouraging involvement in both mainstream and community options
- Actively developing, implementing, monitoring and reviewing participant's NDIS plans and report on progress and outcomes
- Working collaboratively with external stakeholders and providers to ensure productive community and inter-agency relations
- Using a strength-based and person-centered approach to build skills capacity of participants, ensuring their goals & choices drive the process of engaging support
You will have:
- A Masters Degree in Social Work, Occupation Theraphy, Allied Health or Psychology
- Extensive experience working with complex specialist support coordination participants
- AHPRA or AASW registration or eligibility
- Pre-existing knowledge, connections & networks of local social & community services available to people with NDIS funding
- Clear police check, WWCC, DWES check plus a valid driver's licence & the right to work in Australia
Are you the kind of person who:
- Has a sincere passion for social inclusion and supporting people gain access to all aspects of their local community.
- Understands the importance of maintaining professional boundaries & confidentiality, can balance dignity of risk with duty of care & is committed to workplace safety & self-care
- Builds rapport with people from all walks of life and is a great communicator
- Thinks outside the square for creative solutions to complex problems
- Can confidently manage priorities & the varied support needs of NDIS participants
- Has either professional or lived experience with people with autism spectrum disorder, cognitive disabilities, acquired brain injuries or complex mental health need
- Enjoys working in a supportive team environment with professionals
Working with us
- Nextt is a national company with development and career opportunities across all our offices
- Nextt is a genuinely diverse, supportive workplace where your unique skills and professional contribution will be appreciated and valued
- We value the lived experiences of our employees
- We offer a competitive remuneration package
Apply Now If you share our passion and values and are Principled, Committed, Responsive and Creative then this may be the role you have been looking for.