- Professional Membership Association: National Voice for Social Justice
- Melbourne based; national network service delivery
- Full time $60k + Super FTE [part time considered] ongoing
The Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) is the professional representative body of social workers in Australia, with more than 12,000 members. AASW sets the benchmarks for professional education and practice in social work and have a strong voice on matters of social justice, human rights and issues that impact upon the quality of life of all Australians.
The Administration Officer provides support to the Professional Standards and Assessments business unit with a focus on accreditation and assessment processes relating to social work Higher Education Providers (HEP) as well as credentialing assessment.
Support to the HEP Team includes revisions of the Australian Social Work Education and Accreditation Standards (ASWEAS) and the delivery of high quality and efficient regulatory assessment and the accreditation of HEPs.
The other area of focus includes administrative support for the accreditation and assessment of the credentialing programs and monitoring of the Accredited Trade Mark program.
Key position responsibilities:
The Administration Officer is responsible for:
Panel members and consultants to the HEP and Credentials Program
- Preparing a contract-for-service for each of the panel members & HEPs for each scheduled review, in consultation with the Team Leader, HEP Accreditation
- Allocating assessors from the pool to the credentials assessments
- Ensuring the approval and payment of invoices through AASW’s Finance Team
- Stakeholder engagement and mediation
- Responding to enquiries as to AASW credential program and accreditation of HEP social work courses
- Establishing and maintaining constructive and productive relationships with relevant HEPs across Australia
- Providing advice and information to HEPs on all aspects of the audit and accreditation process, including presenting to Heads of School/other representatives on the ASWEA Standards and the accreditation process
- pre-assess credential applications including collection of fees, acknowledgement of applications, check of documents according to credential criteria, input data into database; liaise with applicants as to other documentation
- Prepare correspondence as to outcome decisions for management approval for both accreditation and credentials program
- Maintaining effective administration procedures system and up-to-date information on the accreditation and credentials programs
- Monitor the audit and accreditation program throughout the audit cycle and ensure HEPs and credentialed members comply with their reporting and annual requirements
Refer to the position description for a full list of responsibilities.
- A minimum of three (3) years administrative support experience
- A well-developed understanding of formal assessment processes
- Highly experienced in the use of Microsoft Office applications particularly Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Highly developed organisational skills, including experience in managing/co-ordinating meeting schedules and managing conflicting work priorities and delivering quality work outputs within tight timelines
- Demonstrated attention to detail, time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal including drafting routine correspondence
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly experienced in working with a range of stakeholders, demonstrating excellent customer-service skills
- Experienced in maintaining information databases and filing systems
The AASW is committed to equal opportunities in employment and embraces diversity and inclusion in its workforce. We encourage applications from culturally and ethnically diverse communities, particularly those underrepresented in the social work profession including the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a disability.
Please send us your résumé and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria listed above. If you do not respond to the selection criteria, your application will not be considered.
Further information on the AASW can be found by visiting our website at www.aasw.asn.au
Applications close Thursday 4 June 2020.