· Victorian Fixated Threat Assessment Centre, Spencer Street, Melbourne CBD
· Multi-disciplinary role - P3/RPN4/Allied Health 3
· Full time, permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant contribution to the Victorian community in a high profile and important new service.
The Victorian Fixated Threat Assessment Centre (VFTAC) has been established as part of the Victorian Government's commitment to deliver on public safety and security.
VFTAC is a statewide service jointly staffed by a team of senior forensic mental health clinicians and senior police officers. VFTAC deals specifically with fixated individuals and grievance fuelled lone actors, many of whom have a major mental illness or current mental health needs.
Forensic mental health clinicians working in VFTAC are employed by Forensicare, the statutory agency responsible for the provision of adult forensic mental health services across Victoria. VFTAC staff work on site with police on police premises.
The Senior Clinician will be responsible for delivering mental health services that in collaboration with Victoria Police staff seek to improve client and community outcomes.
The person we are looking for will:
· Be a forensic mental health clinician of at least five years' standing.
· Have a good understanding of and familiarity with forensic mental health risk assessment and threat assessment.
· Have the ability to work collaboratively with law enforcement and other mental health agencies on complex and sensitive cases.
· Be an Australian Citizen (required as per Victoria Police Security protocols).
This position is open to all allied health applicants, including Nursing and Social Work. Please note however that all Psychologists and OT applicants must submit their profile on Forensicare's eCredentaling system as part of their application. To submit your profile please click on the relevant link below.
Occupational Therapists: https://myclinicalprofile.com.au/OpenPositionLogin.aspx?UniqueId=2ced7124-dd3d-475e-9834-1cf85685d651
Applicants must specifically address all the key selection criteria in the position description for their application to be considered. Please note that this position is located at Victoria Police Spencer St Complex.
To discuss this opportunity, please contact Jennifer McCarthy on (03) 8690 8123.
We value our staff and provide a range of employee benefits including:
· Great salary packaging conditions
· Excellent leave entitlements
· Discounted Health Insurance
· Ongoing training and full orientation
· Comprehensive Health and Wellbeing Programs including: staff gym, staff health service, Critical Incident Stress Management and Employee Assistance Programs.
Forensicare values a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
This position is subject to a Police Check and appropriate security clearance.
Forensicare promotes the following values: responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect and leadership; and promotes behaviours that are consistent with these values at all times. Forensicare is an equal opportunity employer and offers a smoke free environment.