If you are looking for a change, a chance to hone your clinical skills and an opportunity to work in a way that brings out your clinical best- then we may have the position for you.
We are recruiting an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker to join our team at Talkingminds, private practice, commencing July/August 2019 (start dates are flexible), however we are keen to fill this position as soon as possible.
Entering our 14th year, Talkingminds are an established private provider of psychological, social work, counselling and psychotherapeutic services, located conveniently in Ultimo, Sydney and owned and managed by an experienced Accredited Mental Health Social Worker. Our practice composition is diverse; consisting of psychologists, clinical psychologists, mental health social workers and psychotherapists.
- State of the art consulting rooms, designed specifically with psychology, counselling and psychotherapy in mind.
- Peer supervision opportunities and access to highly experienced staff.
- Diversity in client referrals including private, Medicare and SIRA referrals.
- Administrative support with scheduling and general administration.
- A professional and welcoming practice that is committed to excellence in service delivery.
- Above market remuneration, which reflects your skill level and incentivises your commitment and clinical skill.
- The benefits of a multi-disciplinary practice that supports internal cross-referrals
We are seeking:
- An Accredited Mental Health Social Worker with sound experience in counselling, psychotherapy, psychological interventions & mental health, ideally with at least 5 years' experience within a mental health setting (obtained prior to or post AMHSW accreditation).
- Current Medicare provider status (or the eligibility to obtain (promptly) prior to commencement).
- A commitment to excellence in the delivery of a range of therapeutic approaches with a broad client group.
- Experience in working with clinical complexity (including trauma and complex trauma) using a strengths based philosophy.
- Experience and skill in innovative therapeutic approaches and a strong commitment to measurable client outcomes and goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to problem solve, multi task and time manage.
- A reflective work ethic and practice style.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team, respecting the diversities of a multi-disciplinary practice.
- Strong networking and advocacy skills and sound knowledge of local referral pathways and services for clients.
- A strong understanding of and commitment to upholding professional ethics alongside of legal and statutory requirements.
- Availability to work 1-3 days a week which includes evenings and may include Saturday work .
- Your own ABN or ABN/ACN
- Professional indemnity and public liability insurance and AASW membership and other relevant insurances as required.
- A commitment to self-care, personal development and self- awareness, reflected in a mature, flexible and warm communication style.
There are additional criteria which we would highly value. Before applying, please email or phone to receive a position information package with full details of the essential and desirable criteria. We welcome all enquiries from those who meet the outlined criteria. Contact: Director, Trudy Wilson on 02 9114 9977 or email email@example.com