Position Title: Mental Health Clinician (Community Outreach Service
Location: Cambridge Street, Vincent TOWNSVILLE
Generous remuneration package value up to $132,730p.a. comprising:
- Annual leave with relevant leave loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options, shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
Eligible Applicants who move to Queensland from an interstate or international jurisdiction to take up permanent employment may receive up to $20,000 incentive payments under the Queensland Health Workforce Attraction Incentive Scheme
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
Are you someone who is passionate, committed and dedicated to your profession?
Do you have what it takes to make a substantial contribution to our vision, purpose and values?
- Put patients first in all that you do to optimise a seamless patient journey.
- Committed to achieving health equity and continuously improving safety and quality.
- Contribute to a high performing team, demonstrating a culture that lives our values.
About your opportunity
Mental Health Clinician / Permanent full-time / 76 hours p.f.
As a member of the multidisciplinary Community Forensic Mental Health team, the Mental Health Clinician in CFOS provides high level input into the areas of forensic and mental health assessment, risk assessment, intervention, training and education, supervision and research.
Applications are being sought from candidates with either Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Psychology or Social Work qualification.
- Nursing: Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent certification relevant to the position is mandatory.
- Social Work the successful applicant must hold at least a tertiary degree (or equivalent) qualification from an accredited tertiary institution in Social Work as well as eligibility for full membership to the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- Occupational Therapy the successful applicant must hold a tertiary degree (or equivalent) qualification from an accredited tertiary institution in Occupational Therapy. Annual registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) is a requirement.
- Psychology the successful applicant must possess a four year degree in Psychology (Honours, Graduate Diploma) from an accredited tertiary institution. Annual registration with AHPRA is required. Possession of a Masters or Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology from an accredited tertiary institution, or significant progress towards this, would be highly regarded.
- Proof of qualification (Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Psychology or Social Work) and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association.
- This position requires the incumbent to operate a class “C” motor vehicle and an appropriate licence endorsement to operate this type of vehicle is required.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Enquiries: Tracy Thompson on 07 4433 8116
Job Ad Reference: TV526232
Application Details: https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-TV526232
Closing Date: Sunday 10 December 2023.