EFC is looking to fill multiple Social Working positions.
Flexible working conditions available. Fixed-Term, ABN or Permanent employment options.
Effective Focused Care (EFC) is an NDIS service provider that delivers disability support services to adults and children in the Brisbane and Lowood areas. The role will see you providing counselling and support to these participants, and will also involve the delivery of mental health assessments, reports, planning and continued support.
EFC has a diverse team of staff exhibiting different areas of expertise in the NDIS realm, which will allow you many opportunities for team support and connection. Office areas are set up to allow for a participant-based approach to service provision, which is essential for a relaxed and positive space for staff and participants alike.
Quality is preferred over quantity, so applicants’ personal characteristics and ability to work in a team-centred environment will be strongly considered.
- Seeking Mental Health Social Worker (or willing to work towards).
- Contract position – 20 – 40 hours per week, with the option of Saturdays and Sundays at a higher pay rate.
- Provide long-term individual counselling in various applications to assist participants.
- Provide mental health assessments and report-writing in various applications to assist participants.
- Office locations in Goodna (primary office) Lowood, and the Sunshine Coast.
- Administration duties such as case noting, GP reports and letters, and liaising with external services.
- Report to the Practice Manager and Directors, who are available for clinical debriefing, risk management support, and operational assistance.
- You will be a part of a highly skilled, warm and compassionate team who are aligned in a high standard of clinical practice and participant-based care, as well as valuing team collaboration and cohesiveness.
- Lovely environment to work, learn and share with colleagues. We have a supportive, dynamic and fun team, with plenty of opportunities for social connection, which is unique in a private practice setting.
- A break/kitchen room with full amenities.
- Free staff car park.
- You will receive a high level of overall support in your role from the Client Support Team, Practice Manager, and Directors.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide counselling services to individuals in a private practice setting.
- Responsible for client care and case load management in a private practice context.
- Prepare written reports relating to client matters (e.g., case notes, reports, GP letters, referrals and case reviews).
- Liaise with external services.
- Advocate for clients and provide appropriate referrals if/when required.
- Engage in ongoing professional development and supervision support to become a competent professional.
- Full membership or eligibility for full membership of the Australian Association of Social Work
- NDIS worker screening check.
- Working-with-children check.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- A social work professional qualification.
- Compassionate, person-centred and relational Social Worker.
- Ability to work with complex mental health.
- Willingness to work with a broad range of clients, including children, adolescents and adults.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional assertiveness.
- Experience in providing individual counselling.
- Creative, play, and expressive therapy skills/training.
- Experience working with parenting, children, and/or teens.
- Experience working with/ interest in developing skills in couples therapy and/or family therapy.
- Able to work in a self-directed manner, as well as able to work effectively and harmoniously in a team.
Please email your application to email@example.com. Please include:
1. Cover letter including your availability
3. Dates available for interview