Emergency Mental Health (EMH) and MHaP (PACER)
- Multiple positions available - Full time and part time, ongoing roles
- Opportunity to develop your leadership and clinical skills
- Be involved in the implementation of new mental health, purpose built facilities in ED
- Based at Sunshine Hospital
Life With Us:
- The EMH team provides support to consumers with an acute mental health disorder or psychological distress with associated at risk behaviour.
- The Sunshine Hospital ED is expanding with the new Mental Health & AOD Hub and Behaviour Assessment Unit (BAU) due to open later in 2022.
- EMH will expand to service these additional beds to provide care to mental health consumers within a purpose built environment.
- As a member of the EMH team, you will play a pivotal role within the ED providing assessment, management and treatment.
This is a multidisciplinary role and is open to Registered Psychiatric Nurses, Occupation Therapists, Social Workers and Psychologists.
Your new role:
- Deliver high quality mental health assessment and intervention to mental health consumers and their families and carers in ED.
- Work collaboratively with ED staff and the Mental Health Nurse Navigator to deliver high quality care across all areas of Sunshine ED.
- Develop your clinical and leadership skills in a new, dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Be involved in the implementation of new purpose built mental health facilities in ED.
- Contribute to continuous improvement within the service.
- A minimum 5 years’ demonstrated experience in a variety of clinical mental health settings, including acute mental health.
- High level skills and knowledge in conducting mental health and risk assessments.
- High level skill in developing management plans and comprehensive care formulations.
- Strong leadership skills and evidence of contributing to a cohesive multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- High level of verbal and written communications.
Benefit of working with us:
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
Please Note - recruitment is ongoing, with interviews commencing as soon as suitable candidates are received
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check.
Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID 19 Vaccination prior to commencement.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are highly encouraged to apply along with individuals who have experience in working with ACCHO and Aboriginal Communities and Families.