Youth Justice Worker – Parkville, Malmsbury Youth Justice Precincts
Create change from the inside out. Be a role model for young people and help turn their lives around.
· Up to $10,000 relocation allowance available
· Join a new squad of youth justice workers
· Starting salary of up to $74,500 including penalty rates + super
· A secure job with future career opportunities
· Full training provided
We are now recruiting full-time and casual staff at Malmsbury Youth Justice Precinct and full-time roles at Parkville Youth Justice Precinct.
You will join a tight-knit team of talented, diverse individuals who are committed to supporting each other and improving the lives of children and young people in custody (young people).
Why work in youth justice?
· Unique and rewarding work – you will experience the satisfaction of influencing small but important shifts in the attitudes of young people.
· Get experience in a diverse workspace – you will achieve both personal and career growth by working intensively with different groups of young people and youth justice teams.
· Progressive approach to rehabilitation – your work will be guided by forward-thinking concepts in helping young people adopt more positive behaviours.
· Professional growth – if you thrive in your role as a youth justice worker, you will discover a wealth of career pathways, including team leadership, case management, cultural support and policy-based work.
· Job security – the work you will be doing is critical to the safety of Victoria, so you can be confident you have a secure job as an ongoing member of staff. Your service will be rewarded with annual pay increases and five weeks of paid annual leave.
To learn more, register for our online webinars where you can ask questions about day-to-day work and the career opportunities available.
Date: Thursday 30 June 2022
Time: 6.00 pm AEST
Date and time to be confirmed.
Make the move to regional Victoria
Malmsbury is located in North-Western Victoria. This region is known for its gorgeous parklands, thriving arts scene and a strong sense of community.
The department is currently offering up to $10,000 to cover relocation expenses to those who secure ongoing employment at the Malmsbury Youth Justice Precinct. Your relocation must be within a 60-minute drive of the Malmsbury precinct. Speak to our team to learn more about our relocation package.
What makes a great youth justice worker?
Great youth justice workers can come from any profession or background. Key qualities we look out for include:
· Passion and empathy – you are ready to work compassionately with young people while still setting important boundaries.
· Life experience – you can manage difficult situations because you have dealt with a wide variety of challenges before.
· Dedication and resilience – you can remain positive and committed following setbacks.
· Teamwork – you thrive when you collaborate with others.
· Verbal and written communication skills – you enjoy building rapport with people from all walks of life and respect the importance of accurate and detailed record keeping.
· Positivity and innovation – you have a knack for solving complex issues with bright ideas.
Applications close midnight, Tuesday 5 July 2022.