Relationships Australia is a community sector organisation with a proud and rich history. We connect with families, communities and thousands of people across the lifespan. You may know us for our family and couples counselling – we also give back to the community through our work in family violence prevention, working with people experiencing gambling harm, with families that have been touched by the sudden death of a loved one, with people who have experienced trauma and with people who are challenged by their mental health, among other things.
With us you will work with people at times of vulnerability in their lives, create a career you’ll love and join a warm and caring team who make a difference.
The mental health clinician intern will be working towards their full APHRA and/or mental health accreditation and will work within the scope of practice of their profession to deliver services to young people aged 12-25 referred to headspace Wagga Wagga. This role involves working collaboratively with a young person and their family and friends to identify their support needs, goals and develop collaborative care plans. The position will provide high quality Biopsychosocial assessment and evidence-based, focused interventions under the supervision of headspace Wagga Wagga Clinical Lead.
This position requires working closely with the other members of the headspace Wagga Wagga team and external service providers and works to maximise care outcomes for young people referred to headspace Wagga Wagga.
Your new role
Reporting to the Manager headspace, you will:
· Provides individual assessment of young people aged 12-25
· Provides evidence-based group or individual interventions to young people within the scope of practice of the incumbents profession
· Works collaboratively with the young person and their supports e.g. school and family to help achieve their goals
· Maintains accurate client case notes using an electronic clinical record and according to headspace Wagga Wagga protocols and professional standards
What you’ll need to succeed
1. APHRA registration as a Provisional Psychologist (or eligibility for same), AHPRA registered Occupational Therapist working toward accreditation with OTA as meeting the Australian Competency Standards for Occupational Therapists in mental health, Social Worker working towards accreditation with the AASW as a mental health Social Worker.
2. Demonstrated understanding of assessment and diagnosis of mental health disorders, and provision of evidence-based focused psychological strategies.
3. Understanding of the theory underpinning evidence-based interventions and clinical practice as well as demonstrated excellence in the practical application of such, in the areas of health and wellbeing of youth mental health and substance use problems and expertise in complex care.
4. Knowledge, skills, and expertise for provision of culturally appropriate and socially inclusive services to young people.
For a full list of selection criteria, please refer to the position description found via www.racr.relationships.org.au/about-us/employment
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Applicants are encouraged to apply.
This is a fixed part time position (to 30 June 2023) with possibility of extention, based in Wagga Wagga, NSW
What you’ll get in return
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded not-for-profit, community-based organisation in a position where you will have the opportunity to continue to grow and develop your career. You will receive a generous package including professional development and NFP salary packaging. In this role you will be able to make a positive difference in the lives of people in the community every day.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in the role, please submit your resume with names of two work related referees and a cover letter specifically addressing each of the selection criteria (no more than half a page response under each criterion). Applications that do not address selection criteria will not be considered during the shortlisting process.
Applications should be submitted only via the “Apply” button on our website.
Position description with selection criteria is available at https://racr.org.au/about-us/employment
For further information about the position or application process, please contact Shane Thomas, Manager, headspace Wagga Wagga on 02 6937 9000 or by email at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Midnight on 18 May 2022