- Waratah Clinic - located in the midst of the lovely Puckle Street precinct
- Full or Part time considered - Flexible working arrangements negotiable
- A position for Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Registered Psychiatric Nurses and Psychologists
The Inner West Area Mental Health Service offers a vibrant, dynamic, collaborative and supportive work environment. We are a passionate group of people who love to work hard offering evidenced based services. We specialise in providing consumers and carers with serious mental illness assessment, diagnosis and appropriate evidenced based treatment. We are located in the midst of the lovely Puckle Street precinct surrounded by cafes, parks and public transport (trams, trains and buses). You will help us achieve the highest standards of care and recovery for our consumers. In return, you will be supported to undertake continuous professional development and enjoy the work that you do.
Your new role:
- Develop thoughtful, evidence based recovery plans with consumers and their supports
- Actively engage in discipline specific and multidisciplinary team activities and meetings
- Manage a reasonable caseload that allows you to do therapeutic work
- Undertake alcohol and other drug screening, assessment, treatment planning, brief interventions with clients who have co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders
- Apply sound treatment skills for people with severe and enduring mental health conditions, and have willingness and capacity to commit to development of EB knowledge and practice
- You must have a qualification as a Social Worker, Registered Psychiatric Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Clinical Psychologist with minimum of 2 years’ experience in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of severe mental illness and psychiatric disability
- You are committed to developing your practice as a professional in clinical mental health
- You are able to contribute and function effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and enjoy working autonomously
- You are confident in the provision of support and treatment for people experiencing drug and alcohol related issues and their families.
- Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computer software use and information technology on the Microsoft Windows platform and ability to learn new programs and navigate databases
- Hold a current Victorian Driver’s Licence, and ongoing ability to use this form of transport
Benefits of joining the Royal Melbourne Hospital/NorthWestern Mental Health:
- Career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals.
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance working in a supportive and collaborative team
- Salary packaging, onsite car parking and, close to public transport.
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
If you are looking for a challenging role and can demonstrate the above capabilities, connect with us.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.
Jacqueline Fischer - 93773400
David Pruden - 93773400