- The HYPE Stream is searching for a Senior Allied Health Grade 3; Occupational Therapist, Social Worker, Clinical Psychologist or Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 4 to be their Clinical Case Manager
- Provide high-quality clinical care based on clinical experience working with young people with serious mental illness
- Based in Sunshine, Satellites in Wyndham and Melton
- The position is Part-Time (0.6 EFT); Ongoing
Your new team
- Orygen Youth Health (OYH), a program of NorthWestern Mental Health, provides specialist mental health services for young people aged 15 to 24 and focuses on providing early intervention to young people with severe and complex mental illness
- Multidisciplinary teams deliver individually tailored services that comprise assessment and crisis intervention, case management, medication, psychotherapy, family support, inpatient care, group work, vocational support, educational assistance, and intensive outreach
- Specialist clinical streams offer targeted interventions for psychotic disorders (including young people at ‘ultra-high risk’ of psychosis), mood disorders, and personality disorders; and also manage the co-morbid substance use disorders, eating disorders, and neurodevelopment disorders
Your new role
- Provide comprehensive clinical case management and psychological therapy to clients of the HYPE Stream
- Work within a specialist multidisciplinary team environment and is responsible for devising, implementing and evaluating an appropriate treatment plan for each young person and their family.
- This involves provision of highly skilled clinical assessments, psychological treatments, home-based assertive outreach to facilitate engagement and case management tasks, such as liaison with other agencies and advocacy on behalf of the young person
- You will function autonomously, carry a caseload of clients, participate in clinical review meetings and practice according to the philosophy and protocols of the service
- Provide interventions to clients from a range of Clinical Streams and spend time working within other programs such as the Youth Access Team or the Outreach team
- Comprehensive experience in provision of mental health treatment, including with young people
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with young people & families
- Ability to work independently and as an effective member of a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge of the rationale and evidence for early intervention in mental illness
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.
Richard Bell – 0449508803
Fritha Melville - 99276200