The Manager of Counselling Services has the responsibility for managing two teams within the Alice Springs office:
Holding Children Together (HCT) team who deliver therapeutic interventions for children who have experienced hurt or trauma and their parents and/or their significant carers. Service delivery includes individual, family and group work with a focus on early response and prevention strategies. The eligible age range for the children varies depending on the program they sit within; either 5-12 years or 12-17 years.
Family and Relationships Services (FaRS) team who provide counselling and relationship education services to individuals, couples, families and groups.
This position also works closely with other Managers based in Darwin, in order to provide support to their team members based in the Alice Springs office.
· Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology or Counselling/Therapist equivalent.
· Eligibility for APS, AASW or other equivalent counsellor/therapist professional membership.
· Demonstrated experience in management of staff including recruitment, retention and industrial relations issues and challenges.
· Demonstrated leadership and team development skills and ability to manage a range of diverse projects.
· Demonstrated experience in counselling adults, families and children.
· Knowledge and understanding of trauma-informed practice including theories of child development, trauma theory and attachment theory.
· Ability to undertake professional and community liaison and networking with the community, service providers and government agencies.
· Ability to provide and monitor the clinical supervision of staff.
· High level written and verbal communication skills including the ability to represent the programs and organisation externally.
· Experience or sound understanding of the provision of culturally sensitive services to Aboriginal people.
· NT Driver’s License
· First Aid Certificate
Prior to commencing in this role, you must possess the following:
Benefits and Entitlements
Information for applicants
Applications must be limited to a one-page Cover Letter addressing Selection Criteria and include Resume and two Referees.
Relationships Australia NT encourages applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, CALD, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We are happy to adjust our recruitment process to support your accessibility needs.
To discuss this position further please contact Nathalia on 08 8950 4100.
Applications will be processed as received.