- Service coordination with member service focus
- Full time or part time [fixed term 12 months - may extend]
- Inner Melbourne based or other states [mix of remote work from home]
Are you wanting the challenge of a multi-faceted service coordination role? This part time opportunity might just give you the flexibility and fulfilment you are seeking!
The Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) is the professional representative body of social workers in Australia, with more than 14,000 members. AASW sets the benchmarks for professional education and practice in social work and have a strong voice on matters of social justice, human rights and issues that impact upon the quality of life of all Australians.
Reporting to the Member Services Team Leader, this role is responsible for:
- Scheduling, coordinating and attending Management Committee meetings and other meetings as required, ensuring associated meeting documentation and papers are prepared and circulated in a timely and professional manner.
- Providing administration support, particularly in relation to taking and preparing minutes of meetings, agenda preparation, circulation and related activities.
- Operating as the key point of contact for responding to enquiries via phone, email and online channels.
- Working with relevant internal departments to ensure processing of invoices, reconciliation of payments, management of records and data management compliance.
- Coordinating Professional Development activities for members including the promotion of activities, coordinating member bookings, room and catering bookings.
- Building collaborative operating arrangements and Professional Development related information sharing.
- Working with relevant departments to ensure processing of invoices, reconciliation of payments, management of records and data management compliance.
- Actively engaging with key stakeholder groups/institutions.
- In consultation with the Education Team, Committee and Practice Groups managing the successful delivery of the Branch events program.
- Undertaking project work and associated tasks as required by the Member Services Team Leader.
Key selection criteria:
- Relevant experience
- Tertiary qualified in business / administration an advantage
- Professional communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent collaborative skills to work with a range of stakeholders
- Project management skills and knowledge of project management principles
- Experienced in coordinating learning events and professional meetings
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision as part of small team
- Experience in drafting routine correspondence and preparing newsletter/publications
- High level administrative and organisational skills, including managing work deadlines and managing information
- Influence and negotiation skills
- Analytical problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Highly skilled in the use of MS Suite of products, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to undertake occasional travel interstate from time to time and attend out-of-hours meetings etc.
The AASW is committed to equal opportunities in employment and embraces diversity and inclusion in its workforce. We encourage applications from culturally and ethnically diverse communities, particularly those underrepresented in the social work profession including the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a disability.
Please send us your résumé and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria listed above.
Further information on the AASW can be found by visiting our website at www.aasw.asn.au
We are reviewing applications daily so please apply today.