- Senior Clinician and Team Leader (Allied Health Grade 3, Nursing Grade 4)
- 80 hours per fortnight, 12 months Fixed Term (until June 30, 2020)
- Delivery of Evidence-Based interventions in a supportive environment
- Attractive working conditions including 5 weeks annual leave
Life With Us:
- A caring, cohesive and dynamic multi-disciplinary team which provides evidenced-based treatment of our consumers with challenging and complex mental health presentations.
- Provides leadership to the team, support to Management and participation in regular discipline specific supervision to facilitate your development as a leader and to support your clinical work.
- Opportunity to work in a highly supportive and progressive team, delivering evidence based interventions in acute and non-acute settings.
A Job To Be Proud Of:
- Deliver evidence-based treatment and interventions that support to consumers with complex mental health related needs and their families/carers
- Drive self-development; contribute expertise in clinical meetings and to improve service delivery
- Participate in, and provide, supervision to staff of your discipline as well as students
- Actively lead in discipline specific and multidisciplinary team activities and meetings
- Provide an expert opinion regarding clinical decision making, risk management and treatment planning.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of severe mental illness and psychiatric disability (7 years for social workers)
- Capacity to undertake alcohol and other drug screening, assessment, treatment planning, brief interventions with clients who have co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders
- Knowledge of effective evidence-based interventions appropriate to low prevalence disorders such as schizophrenia, bipolar affective disorder, personality disorder and substance abuse.
- Sound treatment skills for people with severe and enduring mental health conditions, or willingness and capacity to commit to the development of EB knowledge and practice
- A current Victorian Driver’s Licence, and ongoing ability to use this form of transport
Our Commitment To You:
- NWMH boasts a sophisticated learning structure and we pride ourselves on supporting continuing professional development
- We are a values based organisation. A career with us is a rewarding experience, offering great prospects for career diversity and professional advancement
- Attractive salary and working conditions including annual and CPD leave, salary packaging
- Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including; staff health service, peer support program, Staff Wellbeing calendar and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Connect With Us:
Get to know us at www.nwmh.org.au or click ‘Apply Now’.
Melbourne Health is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, ethical practice, and the principles of Cultural Diversity and social inclusion.
Join us to be the first in Care, Research and Learning
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working With Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.
Contact Name: Elle Perry
Contact Phone: 93773400
Alternate Contact Name: Hannah Bloom
Alternate Contact Phone: 93773400