The Department of Human Services delivers social, health and other services to individuals, families, communities, businesses and healthcare providers. The department is committed to delivering professional assessment services in accordance with the standards set by the department.
Social workers assess customer needs, offer short-term counselling and support, and work with other staff and services to help vulnerable
Key duties include:
1. Provide professional assessments and social casework or crisis interventions for customers with complex needs.
2. Work with customers to identify barriers to participation, set goals, develop strategies, establish plans and facilitate engagement with departmental and external service providers.
3. Provide a case consultation service, professional leadership, support and development to departmental staff regarding vulnerable and
4. Collaborate with community service providers and other government agencies to arrange specialist referrals and create the best service
offer for people with complex needs.
5. Contribute new ideas, including the identification of social and service delivery policy improvements and national and business
efficiencies for social work services.
6. Maintain customer documentation including case notes, customer plans, reports and evaluations.
Applicants must have a degree in Social Work and eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
The successful candidate/s will be required to currently hold or be able to obtain and maintain a Working with Children or Vulnerable
These positions are being offer at the following preferred locations:
WA: Bunbury, Osborne Park, Fremantle
NSW: Dubbo, Lismore, Tamworth
SA: Elizabeth, Vic: Melton, Shepparton
QLD: Rockhampton, Toowoomba, Cairns.
All Capital Cities, Metropolitan Areas and Major Regional Areas in Australia will be considered if no suitable candidates are located in the
Applications Close: Monday 25 March 2019